Postsecondary Education In British Columbia: Public Policy And Structural Development, 1960?2015
The historical literature about postsecondary education in British Columbia, as in many jurisdictions, is fragmented, paying unequal attention to public colleges and universities, vocational colleges, apprenticeship, continuing education, and private institutions. Robert Cowin synthesizes these pieces, providing a comprehensive overview of the emergence and evolution of the provincial postsecondary system. He then defines three distinct theoretical lenses - social justice, human capital formation, and marketization - and applies each in turn to an analysis of five significant transitions. This dynamic systems approach, in which Cowin examines interactions across sectors, allows him to delineate the cumulative and complementary ways in which sectors have affected one another. Postsecondary Education in British Columbia provides a thoughtful critical analysis of the role of social justice, human capital, and the market in the development of the institutional arrangements - the distribution of institutions by size, mission, type, and location - and policies that have shaped contemporary education in the province.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of British Columbia Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780774838337
- ISBN: 0774838337
- Publication Year: 2018