Pottery: Modern Wares, 1920 1960
This handsome new book explores production pottery, the factory-made and hand-decorated wares produced by selected American and European companies that are of special interest to collectors. Familiar firms such as Cowan, Susie Cooper, Clarice Cliff and Roseville Futura made this modern pottery, as did old favorites such as Homer Laughlin's Fiesta, Russel Wright's American Modern, and firms with lesser-known names. Museums are already exhibiting these attractive, useful wares yet they can still be found at sales. 581 color photographs of the wares, details and maker's marks together with essays on the companies and designers, plus a bibliography, index and price guide make this book a necessary new reference for pottery collectors, historians and dealers.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Penn Park
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Schiffer Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780887406928
- ISBN: 0887406920
- Publication Year: 1997