Pottery: The Essential Manual
This title provides an overview of ceramics for readers at all levels of competence and experience. The text is supported by illustrations and with practical information and advice should prove to be a useful handbook. Topics covered include: handbuilding techniques - pinching, slabbing, coiling and assemblage; throwing on a potter's wheel - both conventional and unorthodox techniques; and decoration - slip-trailing, sgraffito, on-glaze, under-glaze, body stains, stencils, silkscreen and sprigging. Glazes - what they are and how they work, how to experiment and test glazes, together with tables and recipes; firing - a range of techniques from bonfire and sawdust procedures to firing sophisticated contemporary kilns; and personal approaches - illustrated examples and insights from a variety of professionals are also covered.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square
- ISBN-13: 9781861265203
- ISBN: 1861265204
- Publication Year: 2000