Prejudices And Antipathies: A Tract On The Lc Subject Heads Concerning People
First published in 1971 (by Scarecrow Press), Prejudices and Antipathies marked the opening salvo in the fight to rid the Library of Congress Subject Headings of bias. In the ensuing 22 years, many of its recommendations have been embraced. Still, Christocentrism permeates LC, racially-tinged "Oriental" and "primitive" headings abound, reminding the profession of the progress made and problems that persist. The McFarland edition includes a foreword, a new preface and an index.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: McFarland & Co Inc Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780786493524
- ISBN: 0786493526
- Publication Year: 2013
- Edition: Reprint