Princess Of Montpensier
Directed by Bertrand Tavernier, Starring Bertrand Tavernier, Lambert Wilson, Florence Thomassin, Philippe Magnan, Michel Vuillermoz, Melanie Thierry, Raphael Personnaz, Gaspard Ulliel, Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet, Eric Rulliat, Judith Chemla, Samuel Theis, Anatole DeBodinat, Cesar Domboy, Jean-Pol DuboisWritten by Bertrand Tavernier, Lambert Wilson, Florence Thomassin, Philippe Magnan, Michel Vuillermoz, Melanie Thierry, Raphael Personnaz, Gaspard Ulliel, Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet, Eric Rulliat, Judith Chemla, Samuel Theis, Anatole DeBodinat, Cesar Domboy, Jean-Pol Dubois
A beautiful woman struggles with the three men who control her life and the one who has won her heart in this historical drama from director Bertrand Tavernier. In 1567, France is mired in a civil war between Catholics and Huguenots (early Protestants), and the Marquis de M?zi?res (Philippe Magnan) is eager to form an alliance with the Duc de Montpensier (Michel Vuillermoz). With this in mind, the marquis strikes a deal in which his beautiful daughter Marie (M?lanie Thierry) will wed Philippe (Gr?goire Leprince-Ringuet), Montpensier's son. Marie is not especially happy with this notion, as she's fallen in love with Henri de Guise (Gaspard Ulliel), her handsome cousin, but she dutifully agrees to the match, and soon Marie and Philippe are sharing an estate in the countryside. However, Philippe is soon called up to fight in the civil war, and he asks his friend and tutor the Comte de Chabannes (Lambert Wilson) to look after Marie while he's gone. Marie is bright but not educated, and Chabannes is asked to educate her in intellectual and social matters; as he gets to know Marie, he falls deeply in love with her, but she's already divided in her loyalties between her husband and the man she truly loves. Adapted from the classic novel by Madame de La Fayette, La Princesse de Montpensier (aka The Princess of Montpensier) was an official selection at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. Mark Deming, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: IFC Films
- UPC: 030306978994
- Region: Region 1