Privatized Planet: Free Trade As A Weapon Against Democracy, Healthcare And The Environment
President Trump has torn up the TTIP and TPP. Britain is distancing itself from the European Union. Does this means that corporate globalization is in retreat? Privatized Planet exposes the truth about 'free trade' in this new era of globalization. Quoting leaked documents, corporate lobby memos and a host of other primary sources, it seeks to prove that corporate globalization is simply changing shape, not coming to an end. Author T.J. Coles takes us on a tour of US-led corporate free trade deals from WWII to the present. He argues that activists helped beat back the big multilateral trade deals, TTIP and TPP, and that they must now pay attention to the 'noodle bowl' of bilateral deals being signed in secret, like the ongoing US-UK free trade deal. Whether it's privatizing Britain's National Health Service, lobbying to get genetically-modified foods and hormone-treated beef into Europe, pushing fracking on Eastern European countries, or murdering environmental activists in the third world, the US-led corporate empire will stop at nothing until the planet is in private hands.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: New Internationalist Pubns Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781780265018
- ISBN: 1780265018
- Publication Year: 2019