Protracted Refugee Situations: Political, Human Rights And Security Implications
Over two-thirds of the world's refugees are struggling to survive in camps and urban communities in remote and insecure parts of the world. The vast majority of them have been in exile for many years or even generations. This is an affront to the dignity of millions of people deprived of a range of basic human rights and a failure for the international refugee regime. In addition, protracted refugee situations can be a driving force of ongoing grievances, instability, and insurgency.This volume presents a range of analyses and cases of protracted refugee situations. It explores the sources, nature, and consequences of these situations and the record of the international community's attempts to find durable solutions. The volume presents new thinking to address protracted refugee situations that incorporates security and development as well as humanitarian actors and attempts to reconcile the policy difficulties that have obstructed progress for many years.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: United Nations Univ
- ISBN-13: 9789280811582
- ISBN: 9280811584
- Publication Year: 2009