Race, Ethnicity, Gender, And Class/Race, Ethnicity And Gender
Discounted bundle saves your students money!For use as a basic text in courses on race and ethnic relations, minorities, or race, ethnicity and gender in sociology departments, Healey's Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Class has perennially been one of the top-sellers in the field. The writing style and numerous features have resulted in an accessible and popular book for undergraduates. This Updated 5th Edition features:a bonus introductory chapter on the 2008 presidential election and the implications of Barack Obama's presidency as it relates to race and ethnicity a convenient paperback format for the first time ever, and an even more affordable price - $5 less than the prior edition!The Second Edition of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender: Selected Readings offers 36 total readings featuring comprehensive, varied, and highly accessible views of the problems of racism and sexism in American society. Editors Joseph F. Healey and Eileen T. O'Brien present a variety of perspectives on some of pressing problems: racism and prejudice, inequality and discrimination, and assimilation and pluralism. This new edition includes historical perspectives, case studies of minority groups, a strong emphasis on gender, clashing perspectives on contemporary problems, and a chapter on solutions.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sage Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9781412978408
- ISBN: 1412978408
- Publication Year: 2009
- Edition: 5 PCK PAP/