Radiation And Public Perception: Benefits And Risks
Discusses radiation and its impact on society, and provides factual, scientifically based information on the interrelationship of society and radiation. Reviews the health effects of radiation through examinations of irradiated food, iodine-131 therapy, radon studies, and other related topics. Looks at the effects of exposure to large doses of radiation, including the cancer risks among atomic bomb survivors, the genetic effects of human exposure to ionizing radiation, and a health assessment of the Chernobyl accident. Includes an overview chapter by Rosalyn S. Yalow, recipient of the 1977 Nobel Prize in medicine for her work in developing radioimmunoassay techniques.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780841229327
- ISBN: 0841229325
- Publication Year: 1995