Recent Advances In Computational Optimization: Results Of The Workshop On Computational Optimization Wco 2017
Our everyday lives are practically unthinkable without optimization. We constantly try to minimize our effort and to maximize the reward or progress achieved. Many real-world and industrial problems arising in engineering, economics, medicine and other domains can be formulated as optimization tasks. This volume presents a comprehensive collection of extended contributions from the 2017 Workshop on Computational Optimization. Presenting recent advances in computational optimization, it addresses important concrete applications, e.g. the modeling of physical processes, wildfire modeling, modeling processes in chemical engineering, workforce planning, wireless access network topology, parameter settings for controlling various processes, berth allocation, identification of homogeneous domains, and quantum computing. The book shows how to develop algorithms for them based on new intelligent methods like evolutionary computations, ant colony optimization, constrain programming and others.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer-Nature New York Inc
- ISBN-13: 9783319996479
- ISBN: 3319996479
- Publication Year: 2018