Recent Advances In Computational Optimization: Results Of The Workshop On Computational Optimization Wco 2017
Our everyday lives are practically unthinkable without optimization. We constantly try to minimize our effort and to maximize the reward or progress achieved. Many real-world and industrial problems arising in engineering, economics, medicine and other domains can be formulated as optimization tasks. This volume presents a comprehensive collection of extended contributions from the 2017 Workshop on Computational Optimization. Presenting recent advances in computational optimization, it addresses important concrete applications, e.g. the modeling of physical processes, wildfire modeling, modeling processes in chemical engineering, workforce planning, wireless access network topology, parameter settings for controlling various processes, berth allocation, identification of homogeneous domains, and quantum computing. The book shows how to develop algorithms for them based on new intelligent methods like evolutionary computations, ant colony optimization, constrain programming and others.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer-Nature New York Inc
- ISBN-13: 9783319996479
- ISBN: 3319996479
- Publication Year: 2018