Remembrance Of Things Past: Swanns Way Within A Budding Grove
Here are the first two volumes of Proust's monumental achievement, Swann's Way andWithin a Budding Grove. The famous overture to Swann's Way sets down the grand themes that governIn Search of Lost Time: as the narrator recalls his childhood in Paris and Combray, exquisite memories, long since passed his mother's good-night kiss, the water lilies on the Vivonne, his love for Swann's daughter Gilberte'spring vividly into being. In Within a Budding Grove which won the Prix Goncourt in 1919, bringing the author instant fame the narrator turns from his childhood recollections and begins to explore the memories of his adolescence. As his affections for Gilberte grow dim, the narrator discovers a new object of attention in the bright-eyed Albertine. Their encounters unfold by the shores of Balbec. One of the great works of Western literature, now in the new definitive French Pleiade edition translated by C.K. Scott Moncrieff and Terence Kilmartin.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Algonquin
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Vintage Books
- ISBN-13: 9780394711829
- ISBN: 0394711823
- Publication Year: 1982