RHINO 2018 is the 42nd issue in the series, and at 42 years old, RHINO is more than ever committed to presenting a beautiful and compelling print journal, this year likely to contain the work of over 100 contemporary poets and translators, capped off and covered with a gorgeous Tony Fitzpatrick illustration, "The Champion Beast." T.S. Eliot calls poetry "a raid on the inarticulate," continually pushing against the limits of language, and it is often an antidote to all that shuts us down, that makes life meager, thinner, more numb, complacent, less meaningful. At its best, poetry can magnify our sense of presence in the world, open us up to the mystery and wonder, no less than the troubled reality and robust beauty all around us. For 42 years, RHINO has sought to be such a "raider," providing an annual selection of the best contemporary poetry in the English language.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rhino Poetry
- ISBN-13: 9781945000027
- ISBN: 1945000023
- Publication Year: 2019