Richard Serra: Rambles, Composites, Rotterdam Verticals, Rotterdam Horizontals, Rifts
Published on the occasion of Richard Serra: Drawings 2015-2017: Rambles, Composites, Rotterdam Verticals, Rotterdam Horizontals, Rifts at Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen in Rotterdam, this catalog is an in-depth look at the artist's recent drawing practice.The exhibition encompasses more than 70 works from five different series, Rambles, Composites, Rifts, Rotterdam Horizontals and Rotterdam Verticals, many of which have never been seen before publicly, as well as a selection of his notebooks and films. Examining the ways properties inherent to sculpture are brought onto paper, the drawings are epistemological adjuncts to Serra's lifelong sculptural explorations.Designed by McCall Associates in close collaboration with the artist, Drawings 2015-2017 features new scholarship by art historian Neil Cox and exhibition curator Francesco Stocchi, a chronology of the drawings by curator Michelle White, as well as a historical text by Albert Camus selected by Serra. This book introduces readers to Serra's most recent series and reaffirms his innovation and contribution to the practice of drawing.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Steidl
- ISBN-13: 9783958293496
- ISBN: 3958293492
- Publication Year: 2017