Robert Taylor: Air Combat Paintings
Each painting is reproduced in full colour and discussed in detail. The artist explores the background to each piece and his methods of research, and explains how he develops a painting from its initial concept to completion on the canvas. His revealing comments are supported by a wealth of colour detail of the paintings, and preliminary pencil sketches. There are also some fascinating behind-the-scenes stories of Robert's meetings with some of the finest aviators in history, a number of whom have contributed their own personal recollections to the book - including first-hand accounts of the aircraft they flew in combat. Combining a visual feast of highly acclaimed art with a rare glimpse into the artist's working methods, this book is eagerly sought by all aviation enthusiasts.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: David & Charles
- ISBN-13: 9780715314609
- ISBN: 0715314602
- Publication Year: 2002