Scenarios Ii: Signs Of Life / Even Dwarfs Started Small / Fata Morgana / Heart Of Glass
The second in a series: the master filmmaker\u2019s prose scenarios for four of his notable filmsOn the first day of editing Fata Morgana, Werner Herzog recalls, his editor said: \u201cWith this kind of material we have to pretend to invent cinema.\u201d And this, Herzog says, is what he tries to do every day. In this second volume of his scenarios, the peerless filmmaker\u2019s genius for invention is on clear display. Written in Herzog\u2019s signature fashion-more prose poem than screenplay, transcribing the vision unfolding before him as if in a dream-the four scenarios here (three never before translated into English) reveal an iconoclastic craftsman at the height of his powers.Along with his template for the film poem Fata Morgana (1971), this volume includes the scenarios for Herzog\u2019s first two feature films, Signs of Life (1968) and Even Dwarfs Started Small (1970), along with the hypnotic Heart of Glass (1976). In a brief introduction, Herzog describes the circumstances surrounding each scenario, inviting readers into the mysterious process whereby one man\u2019s vision becomes every viewer\u2019s waking dream.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Lynnwood
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Minnesota Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781517904418
- ISBN: 1517904412
- Publication Year: 2018