Frederico Casall certainly wasn't beloved; not by his students or his wife. But who would have hated him so much as to kill him? That is the mystery that Konrad Steiner, a Master in the Arts faculty of a Scholarium in Cologne, Germany, must solve.Discovering the identity of the murderer is a task made more complex by the fact that the murderer is leaving riddles for him to solve. Will the puzzles lead Steiner to the solution, or is the murderer mocking his ignorance? Could the murderer be a member of the faculty, and opponent of the philosophical tendency represented by Casall? Or is there any basis for the rumor that Casall's young and well-read wife, Sophie, might have had good reason to rid herself of him? Steiner finds himself confronted with a riddle that is more than philosophical when Sophie vanishes without a trace.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Richardson Heights
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Toby Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781592640560
- ISBN: 1592640567
- Publication Year: 2004