Schubert Lieder, Vol. 2
Voices are an acquired taste. For many, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau is the voice of German song of later years. For others, he is a Mack truck flattening helpless Lieder in his path. For many, Maria Callas is the voice of Italian opera in the twentieth century. For others, she is a hysterical and histrionic kook. And so it is with Ian Bostridge. For some, his clear, pure voice and his deeply intelligent interpretations make him the greatest English tenor of his generation. For others, he is an affected and annoying artiste with greater ambitions than talent. For some, Bostridge's first Schubert recital on EMI recorded in 1998 was as involving and as moving a recital as has been released in years. For others, he was just too cute, too coy, and too corny. For those who loved Bostridge's first Schubert recital, his second is more of the same: wonderfully sung, artfully interpreted examples of art-song singing of the highest order. For the others, its just another nail in his coffin. And for those others to...
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB St Louis Park
- Seller rating:
- Label: EMI Classics
- UPC: 724355714121