Science Notebooks: Writing About Inquiry
The bestselling first edition of Science Notebooks inspired thousands of teachers to use science notebooks as a powerful way to help students reveal and develop their thinking about scientific concepts, engage in the work of scientists and engineers, and exercise language skills. Lori Fulton and Brian Campbell make the Second Edition even more valuable by showing how science notebooks support implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards as well as the Common Core State Standards for ELA. The authors have also added new material to every chapter, including: strategies to scaffold science notebook instruction how science notebooks help students develop explanations and arguments based on evidence strategies for collecting and analyzing science notebooks for formative assessment new interviews with scientists and engineers that spotlight the use of science notebooks in their work. Student samples and classroom vignettes from a variety of settings illustrate the transformative effect of science notebooks on students' scientific thinking as well as their literacy skills. Download a sample chapter!
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Hurstbourne
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Heinemann
- ISBN-13: 9780325056593
- ISBN: 0325056595
- Publication Year: 2014
- Edition: 2