Borderlands: The Best Of Scottish Folk
This hefty three-disc collection of Scottish folk music is culled from the late-'60s and '70s catalog of Transatlantic Records. While not necessarily representative of all that was going on in the Scottish folk revival of that period, Transatlantic was at the forefront with an impressive roster of artists like Shelagh McDonald, Ian Campbell Folk Group, Silly Wizard, Archie Fisher, Hamish Imlach, Bert Jansch, and many more. Of particular interest here are several tracks by Owen Hand, a much revered folk singer who recorded two records for Transatlantic before abandoning music altogether, lending him an almost cult-like status. Most of the music here is predominantly traditional in nature, though there are contemporary folk originals and folk-rock tracks as well. For collectors on a budget, this is a strong and bountiful collection from a classic period in U.K. folk music. ~ Timothy Monger, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Sanctuary Fontana
- UPC: 5050749412751