Seeds Of The Word: Finding God In The Culture
"Father Barron is an exceptional evangelizer and one of the best at finding connections between twenty-first century culture and the timeless teachings of Catholicism."CARDINAL TIMOTHY DOLANSince the first century, Christians have detected "seeds of the Word" in the surrounding culture. No matter how charred or distorted the fragments, we can always uncover inklings of the Gospel, which can then lead people to God. Through this evocative collection of essays, Father Robert Barron finds those "seeds" in today's most popular films, books, and current events.How do Superman, Gran Torino, and The Hobbit illuminate the figure of Jesus? How does Bob Dylan convey the prophetic overtones of Jeremiah and Isaiah? Where can we detect the ripple of original sin in politics, sports, and the Internet culture?Finding the "seeds of the Word" requires a new vision. This book will train you to see.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Cedar Park
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Word on Fire Catholic Ministries
- ISBN-13: 9780988524590
- ISBN: 0988524597
- Publication Year: 2015