Selfish Generations: The Aging Of The Welfare State
As the 'baby boom', whose taxes have funded support for the elderly, is succeeded by the 'baby bust', the welfare state is being thrown into crisis. Thomson's work at Massey University initiated a major reorganisation of welfare provision in New Zealand, and this important and timely book extends the scope of his iconoclastic analysis to the current situation in Britain, Europe and the USA.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: White Horse Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781874267065
- ISBN: 1874267065
- Publication Year: 1994