Serious Fun: How Guided Play Extends Children's Learning
A practical book for teachers consisting of 10 YC and TYC articles on the importance of integrating rich content-based, teacher-guided instruction with meaningful child-centered play to nurture children's emerging capabilities and skills. The emphasis is on teachers' active, intentional role in children's play to guide learning. Two sections: four general articles that discuss the topic, followed by six content-area articles on math, literacy, drama, art, STEM, and outdoor learning. Marie wrote the introduction as well as other material. Note: This book will not be part of the Spotlight series; articles will appear as chapters in a book (along the lines of Big Questions, with chapters from different authors but having a cohesive look).
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Natl Assn for the Education
- ISBN-13: 9781938113390
- ISBN: 193811339X
- Publication Year: 2019