Serpentinites: Records Of Tectonic And Petrological History
Serpentinites, a major source of both ornamental facing stone in architecture and asbestos, are considered enigmatic rocks due to their apparent complexity. Yet studying serpentinites and the processes that form them is essential to understanding the formations in the Earth's tectonic plates. This book presents the geological history of serpentinites, from detailed descriptions and photographs in outcrop and under the microscope, to models describing the distribution of serpentine minerals and the formation of chrysotile-asbestos deposits. Students pursuing research topics in serpentinites or Earth scientists investigating tectonic processes in mid-ocean ridges will find this a useful reference book.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr on Demand
- ISBN-13: 9780195082548
- ISBN: 0195082540
- Publication Year: 1996