Shaping The Facts: Evidence Based Nursing And Health Care
This resource presents evidence-based nursing through personal testimonies and real-world examples, compiled from literature and research. It draws on different perspectives such as Cochrane's classic text on the origins of effectiveness and efficiency in the NHS, narrative studies, autobiographical evidence, testimonies, participatory and action research, and professional and lay perspectives. It also explores specific methodologies and tools for generating evidence, as well as the theories behind them. Other topics include: evidence-based teaching; development of critical evaluation skills and strategies for practitioners to negotiate change in the current complex health care environment; and the broader issues of systems and organizational cultures that enhance or hinder the integration of evidence-based health care. Policies supporting the delivery of care are also critically examined.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
- ISBN-13: 9780443064371
- ISBN: 0443064377
- Publication Year: 2003