A SCIENCE FICTION CLASSIC FROM A MASTER. Celebrated author Gordon R. Dickson's classic novel pitting good against evil, back in print. The Sleeper Wakes The energy crisis has been solved. Core Taps have been driven 300 miles into the Earth to tap into the subterranean power source at its core. The only catch: when activated, the Core Taps disrupt brain waves, sending everyone nearby into a deep, forced sleep. It's a small price to pay for a world of plenty. Or so it seems. Rafe Harald is one of the few humans not affected by the Core Taps. Back from the Moon, where he has been preparing for humankind's first trek into deep space, he makes his way through a shadowy night world of induced slumber. He's come to discover the whereabouts of a missing colleague. What he'll find is a mysterious figure known as the Old Man--and a conspiracy so devious in its design, he'll wish it was a nightmare. But soon the Old Man will discover that he has awoken a sleeping giant in Rafe Harald. And on a planet of perpetual sleep, a new day is about to dawn. About Gordon R. Dickson: "Dickson is one of SF's standard-bearers."--Publishers Weekly "Dickson has a true mastery of pacing and fine understanding of human beings."--Seattle Post Intelligencer "A masterful science fiction writer."--Milwaukee Journal
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Baen Books
- ISBN-13: 9781481483162
- ISBN: 1481483161
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: Reissue