Smart Kids, Struggling Readers: The Overlooked Factors And Novel Solutions
This work is a game-changer! Recognizing an all too often tragic outcome ("School to Prison Pipeline"), it provides the tools to alter prognosis. Attention hones the identification and treatment of those underlying and often overlooked causative factors that result in long-term reading failure. Smart Kids, Struggling Readers. reconsiders the current models and methods for Teaching Reading. It offers creative strategies that support and enhance existing research-based techniques. It provides efficient and effective methods that rapidly ameliorate the overt and subtle interference to skills mastery. Rapid progress is assured because intervention supports both Academic and Affective needs. The novel instructional plan, Reading In A Nutshell, incorporates the strong intellectual potential bright students bring to task. The learner comes to apply information (metacognition, error analysis, instructional options) as a primary functional tool. Slow-paced repetitive practice and drills are avoided.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781475848359
- ISBN: 1475848358
- Publication Year: 2018