Smart Kids, Struggling Readers: The Overlooked Factors And Novel Solutions
This work is a game-changer! Recognizing an all too often tragic outcome ("School to Prison Pipeline"), it provides the tools to alter prognosis. Attention hones the identification and treatment of those underlying and often overlooked causative factors that result in long-term reading failure. Smart Kids, Struggling Readers. reconsiders the current models and methods for Teaching Reading. It offers creative strategies that support and enhance existing research-based techniques. It provides efficient and effective methods that rapidly ameliorate the overt and subtle interference to skills mastery. Rapid progress is assured because intervention supports both Academic and Affective needs. The novel instructional plan, Reading In A Nutshell, incorporates the strong intellectual potential bright students bring to task. The learner comes to apply information (metacognition, error analysis, instructional options) as a primary functional tool. Slow-paced repetitive practice and drills are avoided.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781475848359
- ISBN: 1475848358
- Publication Year: 2018