Social Media And Education: Now The Dust Has Settled
Social media are now established as an important aspect of contemporary education. We live in times where social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Snapchat are mainstream educational tools; where most new educational technologies claim to have a `social' element; and it increasingly makes no sense to distinguish between learning `online' and `offline'. It studies users' experiences and views of social media; addresses questions of equality and diversity concerning who is doing what with social media; examines how the use of social media applications sits alongside pre-existing cultures and structures of schooling; and brings to light the unintended and unexpected results of social media in education. Altogether, this collection of writing provides a nuanced and interesting discussion of the realities of social media use across different aspects of education. This book was originally published as a special issue of Learning, Media and Technology.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781138563421
- ISBN: 1138563420
- Publication Year: 2017