Son Of Charlemagne
The year is 781 A.D. King Charles of the Franks is crossing the Alps with his family and court on a journey to meet with Pope Hadrian. One frosty night he speaks to his young son Carl of his plans for the future. "When we come to Rome you will know that I am naming you my heir. One day you will rule over all my lands...." But the King already had an heir, Pepin the Hunchback, mockingly called Gobbo. Was he to be dispossessed? Yet Carl sees that Charlemagne is determined to do what he feels is best to serve God and Europe. "Save me, O Lord from my own arrogance!" was a prayer the King spoke often. "But strengthen me in arrogance for Thy sake!" The story of the great Emperor Charlemagne and his son Carl will stir the minds and imaginations of young people, while they discover the grand dimensions of western Europe's foundation. Age 10-up
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Mesa
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bethlehem Books
- ISBN-13: 9781883937300
- ISBN: 1883937302
- Publication Year: 1998