Spectacular Spider Man #1 (Slabbed Cgc 9.0)
by Gary Conway (1976)
Description: "Twice Stings The Tarantula!" Part 1 of 3. Script by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Sal Buscema. Inks by Mike Esposito. Cover by Sal Buscema and John Romita. The first issue of a brand new series for Spider-Man! The story opens with a bang as the Tarantula kidnaps the Empire State University vice-chancellor, despite the best efforts of the web-slinger, Flash Thompson, and Mary Jane Watson! Next, the Tarantula tries to kill the mayor, but this time the Spectacular Spider-Man is ready! Can the wall-crawler beat the Tarantula and save Mayor Abe Beame? First appearance of Edward Lansky (aka Lightmaster). (Notes: The Spectacular Spider-Man series became the third monthly title for Spider-Man. The first issue of the series debuted the same month as Amazing Spider-Man 163 and Marvel Team-Up 52. The letters page contains an essay from Gerry Conway describing the plans for the new Spider-Man title.) 32 pages Cover price $0.30.. Published by Marvel Comics 1976 Near Fine Condition. Slight cracks at edge of slab. In our College Station store.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Unavailable
- Date: 1976
- Listing Date: 02/05/2019
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A