Stakeout/S 104: My Memoirs Of The Philadelphia Police Stakeout Unit?1967 To 1986
The Stakeout Squad was a Philadelphia Police Unit divided into two groups--uniform and plainclothes. Uniform assignments consisted of patrolling the city with massive equipment to handle any situation that might be encountered, such as barricaded persons with weapons or hostages. Plainclothes assignments consisted of men dressed like little old ladies (Grannies); or men posing as disoriented elderly citizens, drunks, homeless people, insurance men on their rounds--all vulnerable for an assault by a predator or predators.The Stakeout Unit had policewomen decoys posing as innocent women waiting for a bus or a subway. They worked where women were reportedly being assaulted. The Stakeout Unit staked out banks, savings and loans, drug stores or other establishments that were held up numerous times by armed and dangerous felons. As a result of the Stakeout Unit's dedicated services, the crime rate dropped considerably in the city of Philadelphia.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Publishamerica Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781448941469
- ISBN: 1448941466
- Publication Year: 2010