Stanley Marcus: A Life With Books
Drawn largely from the extensive personal papers of Stanley Marcus, now housed in the DeGolyer Library at Southern Methodist University, Stanley Marcus: A Life with Books sparkles with the names of literary history, most but not all of them Texans - Tom Lea, Henry Nash Smith, J. Evetts Haley, Alfred Knopf, Jose Cisneros, Elizabeth Ann McMurray and McMurray's Personal Bookstore, E. L. DeGolyer, Paul Horgan, and a host of others. David Farmer chronicles Marcus' early fascination with books during his Harvard years, his founding of the Book Club of Texas, his friendship with J. Frank Dobie and his working relationship with El Paso's Carl Hertzog, his own books - Minding the Store and Quest for the Best, and his Somesuch Press, noted for publishing exquisite miniature books.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB San Marcos
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Texas Christian Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780875651477
- ISBN: 087565147X
- Publication Year: 1995