Statins: The Hmg Coa Reductase Inhibitors In Perspective
What is a statin? It is the most powerful lipid-lowering agent yet produced. Its main action is to lower the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol level, thereby reducing the overall cholesterol level in the blood. In this new edition of this popular book, the authors examine the existing and emerging statins and their beneficial effectiveness in reducing serum cholesterol. New chapters cover combination therapy in lipid-lowering, new 'Megatrials' (HPS and PPP) and the PROSPER study. Also presented are the effects of statins on non-vascular conditions such as osteoporosis, cancer, dementia and diabetes.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781841842929
- ISBN: 1841842923
- Publication Year: 2004
- Edition: 2