Structural Adjustment, The Saprin Report: The Policy Roots Of Economic Crisis, Poverty And Inequality
Born of a unique five-year collaboration among citizens' groups, developing country governments, and the World Bank that was financed by European governments, UN agencies, US foundations and NGOs, this book represents the most comprehensive, real-life assessment of the actual impacts of the liberalization, deregulation, privatization and austerity policies that constitute structural adjustment programs. Its authors, the members of the Structural Adjustment Participatory Review International Network (SAPRIN) that engaged the World Bank's president in this ambitious endeavor, demonstrate the concrete consequences of adjustment policies for the manufacturing sector, small enterprises, the wages and conditions of working people, the delivery of social services, health and education spending, small farmers and food security, and poverty and inequality.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Zed Books
- ISBN-13: 9781842773888
- ISBN: 1842773887
- Publication Year: 2004