Supercontemplations: Experiments In Abstraction
Unlike John O'Loughlin's first collection of non-readerly abstract poems and/or poetic word art, simply called 'Contemplations' (1985), which was uniformly lower-case in its monosyllabic structures, this later project, which dates from 1993 and has been entitled 'Supercontemplations', is comprised of mixed-case monosyllabic structures that are also intended, albeit on a more flexible and arguably imaginative basis, to facilitate a contemplative frame-of-mind at the expense of readerly norms, thereby transcending the intellect in what could be regarded as a mode of literary salvation akin to the effect of certain forms of abstract art or, better, biomorphic sculpture upon a receptive consciousness.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781500821296
- ISBN: 1500821292
- Publication Year: 2014