Swinging For The Fences: Choosing To Live An Extraordinary Life
Alex Montoya Story There are some odds that can't be beat, but Alex Montoya has yet to find them. Alex Montoya proves that he doesnt. Living his whole life with prosthetics has neither deterred nor discouraged Alex from achieving his dreams. From a young immigrant to the American dream, Montoya overcomes his obstacles with perseverance and a lot of laughter. Despite Alexs underdog situation, he always prevailed. From his tiring trials to become a citizen to fulfilling his dream of working in Major League Baseball. From his days at Notre Dame to his days in Hollywood. Alex Montoyas success is directly credited to his will. And his determined will, as he will tell you, was a conscious choice. He has tracked his life toward excellence, and he hasnt stopped sprinting. Alex Montoya is the Director of Latino Relations for the San Diego Padres. In that role he is responsible for the teams outreach and event coordination to the Latino fan base in San Diego County and Mexico. It is an area Montoya knows well after seven years with the San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. He is also involved in motivational speaking about issues pertaining to success, education, and overcoming disability obstacles. Montoya is a 1996 graduate of the University of Notre Dame and will receive his Masters Degree in Sport Management from the University of San Francisco-Orange County in 2008.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Beechmont
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Tate Pub & Enterprises Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781604627350
- ISBN: 1604627352
- Publication Year: 2008