Sylvia Syms was one of the top cabaret singers, uplifting a wide variety of interesting songs throughout her career. For this unusual pianoless date she is heard with either Kenny Burrell or Buck Pizzarelli on guitar, bassist Milt Hinton, drummer Osie Johnson and occasionally percussionist Willie Rodriguez. The emphasis is on Brazlian songs and superior swing standards with the highpoints including "As Long as I Live," "More than You Know," "How Insensitive," "Meditation" and "Brazil." Still, because Syms does not improvise, this CD reissue is more for fans of cabaret than for followers of jazz. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Corpus Christi
- Seller rating:
- Label: Original Jazz Classics
- UPC: 025218677523