Symmetrization And Stabilization Of Solutions Of Nonlinear Elliptic Equations
This book deals with a systematic study of a dynamical system approach to investigate the symmetrization and stabilization properties of nonnegative solutions of nonlinear elliptic problems in asymptotically symmetric unbounded domains. The usage of infinite dimensional dynamical systems methods for elliptic problems in unbounded domains as well as finite dimensional reduction of their dynamics requires new ideas and tools. To this end, both a trajectory dynamical systems approach and new Liouville type results for the solutions of some class of elliptic equations are used. The work also uses symmetry and monotonicity results for nonnegative solutions in order to characterize an asymptotic profile of solutions and compares a pure elliptic partial differential equations approach and a dynamical systems approach. The new results obtained will be particularly useful for mathematical biologists.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Nature
- ISBN-13: 9783319984063
- ISBN: 3319984063
- Publication Year: 2018