Take Control Of Panther
If two heads are better than one, then six heads are better still--at least that's what you'll find in this tightly focused volume written by leading Mac luminaries and aimed at readers just like yourself: intermediate to advanced Mac users who aren't afraid to tinker around a bit to get the most out of the Panther operating systems. Using full-color screen shots, step-by-step instructions, and straightforward explanations, this task-based guide promises to help you customize the operating system to fit your needs. Organized into four major section--"Upgrading to Panther," "Customizing Panther," "Users and Accounts in Panther," and Sharing Files in Panther"--this volume provides all the technical help and troubleshooting tips you need to ensure a smooth and speedy upgrade without any corresponding loss in productivity. In short order you'll learn how to customize Finder windows, create user accounts, take advantage of the new sidebar, and more.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson P T R
- ISBN-13: 9780321287649
- ISBN: 0321287649
- Publication Year: 2004