Tales From Out There: The Barkley Marathons, The World's Toughest Trail Race
Tales From Out There is the story of the Barkley Marathons, arguably the world's toughest long-distance trail foot-race. In this book, the 24-year history of this event is covered in detail, with all known runners and their results listed. Numerous photographs, charts, and maps are included. The runners have had some interesting experiences out there during the Barkley races. Some of those experiences have been humorous, some dramatic and harrowing. Many physical and psychological obstacles have been incorporated into the design of the event to test the limits of human endurance. The result is that most runners fail to finish the race. The stories in this book describe the epic struggles of the Barkley contestants, including some of the world's best endurance runners, against this extreme challenge. Tales From Out There will captivate the reader with true stories of both heartbreaking failures and awe-inspiring victories.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace
- ISBN-13: 9781450547017
- ISBN: 145054701X
- Publication Year: 2010