That Sentimental Gentleman
That Sentimental Gentleman collects 25 performances recorded for NBC on remote broadcasts by Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra between 1940 and 1944, a period just after the prime years of the band. Though there aren't any true rarities here, the sound quality is good for the time and the performances are hot. Highlights include Buddy Rich's drum feature on "Hawaiian War Chant," Frank Sinatra's farewell to Dorsey (and the passing of the torch to Dick Haymes) with a September 1942 performance of "The Song Is You," and a feature for Bunny Berigan on "Hallelujah." ~ John Bush, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Collectables
- UPC: 090431281321