The Aberdeen Line: George Thompson Jnr's Incomparable Shipping Enterprise
Founded in 1825 by the 21-year-old George Thompson Jnr, the Aberdeen Line developed over 100 years into being one of the best-respected shipping lines in Britain. Initially traversing the short sea, Atlantic, South American, Far Eastern and Antipodean trade routes before settling to become the longest serving line on the Australian trade, the Aberdeen Line navigated commercial takeovers by the Oceanic Steam Navigation Co., Shaw Savill and Albion, Lord Kylsant’s Royal Mail Group and Furness Withy, before becoming all but forgotten when it finally furled its sails in 1957. Here Peter H. King seeks to bring this once prominent shipping line’s history to light once more for the enjoyment of shipping enthusiasts and maritime enthusiasts everywhere.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: History Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780750978514
- ISBN: 0750978511
- Publication Year: 2018