The Adventures Of Maisie
In the 1930s, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer purchased the rights to a novel written by author Wilson Collison entitled 'Dark Dame,' which they had planned to film with their platinum blonde glamour gal, Jean Harlow. But Harlow's untimely death put the kibosh on that project, and Collison's work didn't reach the silver screen until 1939 when it was refashioned for MGM's new beauty queen (newly acquired from RKO), Ann Sothern, into a romantic comedy entitled 'Maisie.' Sothern played a character named Maisie Revere (her show business name - her real moniker was Mary Anastasia O'Connor) who falls hard for a dude ranch manager (played by a pre-'Father Knows Best' Robert Young), Charles 'Slim' Martin, when she finds herself stranded in Wyoming after a job offer falls through. The ending of the film - which suggests that Maisie and Slim are heading down the wedding aisle - would also seem to suggest that MGM had planned the movie as a one shot but, the following year, Sothern was back on screen with 'Congo Maisie' (1940), a
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: CD/Spoken Word
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Label: Radio Archives on Dreamscape Audio
- UPC: 9781682621868