The Art Of Conduction: A Conduction Workbook
Lawrence D. Butch Morris (1947-2013) was an American jazz cornetist, composer and conductor, internationally considered one of the great musical innovators of our times. His interests in ensemble music--from avant-garde jazz to contemporary classical--crystallized into a unique method of real-time orchestral composition, which he called Conduction(R), designed to enable conductors to direct an ensemble. Morris toured the world, introducing Conduction to a varied community of musicians, and his influence extended into art, dance, poetry and cinema.The Art of Conduction is a theoretical introduction and practical guide to Conduction. During the last 10 years of his life, Morris worked to document his method in this book form; his untimely death left it near finished. Finally Daniela Veronesi, a linguist and longtime collaborator, brings his manuscript to completion.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Karma
- ISBN-13: 9781942607427
- ISBN: 1942607423
- Publication Year: 2017