The Art Of The Bookstore: The Bookstore Paintings Of Gibbs M. Smith
The Art of the Bookstore is romantic, poetic, charismatic, and enduring, and independent booksellers around the world thrive on creating this unique culture and ambiance. In this lavish limited-edition gift, the words of many of these booksellers are paired with 40 bookstore paintings chronicling the passion and respect for books, booksellers, and the publishing industry. Gibbs Smith, founder and president of his namesake publishing company, started the business with his wife, Catherine, in Santa Barbara, and later moved the company to their hometown, Layton, Utah. This year Gibbs Smith, the company, celebrates 40 years as an independent publisher. A celebration of bookselling in paintings and with independent voices.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Watauga
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Gibbs Smith
- ISBN-13: 9781423606437
- ISBN: 1423606434
- Publication Year: 2009
- Edition: SLP LTD IL