The Articulate Attorney: Public Speaking For Lawyers
Addressing the distinctive communication skills expected of attorneys and based on three decades of experience coaching lawyers this manual of practical, useful solutions integrates cutting-edge discoveries in human factors, linguistics, neuroscience, gesture studies, and sports psychology. These techniques will transform any attorney into a more confident speaker, whether addressing colleagues in a conference room, counseling clients in a boardroom, or presenting a CLE in a ballroom. Including tips on bringing the presentation off of one's notes and using direct eye contact, the book answers such common questions as: How do I channel nervous energy into dynamic delivery? What is a reliable way to remember what I want to say? How do I stop saying "um" and think in silence instead? and Why is gesturing so important? Topics are divided into chapters on the body, the brain, and the voice, with an extra section specifically dedicated to practice.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Crown King Books
- ISBN-13: 9780979689598
- ISBN: 0979689597
- Publication Year: 2013
- Edition: 2