The Book Of Luke: Physician And Historian
It is to Luke that we are indebted for the historical account of the circumstances surrounding the birth of John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus. Luke writes to a colleague, Theophilus, who was evidently a citizen of high position in Rome. Lukes account to Theophilus was not merely for his eyes but to promote an orderly account of the birth, growth, public ministry, atoning death, and ascension of the Lord Jesus as the Son of Man. I have written a summary of each of the twenty-four chapters of Luke. The summary I have given is intended to be read after a study of each chapter. I have also set a series of five to seven questions at the back of each chapter, which are intended to promote discussion. It is my hope that those taking the trouble to read my summary will also read through the Gospel of Luke itself and thus benefit from this.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Xlibris Corp
- ISBN-13: 9781514466742
- ISBN: 1514466740
- Publication Year: 2018