The Book Of Thoth: A Short Essay On The Tarot Of The Egyptians Being The Equinox Volume Iii No. V
Aleister Crowley's Book of Thoth endures as one of the most definitive volumes on the tarot ever written. This classic text describes the philosophy and use of Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot, a deck designed by Crowley and painted by Lady Frieda Harris. The Thoth Tarot has become one of the bestselling tarot decks in the world. It is also one of the most original interpretations of the tarot, incorporating astrological, numerological, Egyptian, and Qabalistic symbolism. While there are many other useful guides to this famous tarot deck, there are no others that explain the deck in its designer's own words.This is a facsimile of the Weiser hardcover edition of The Book of Thoth published in 1969, featuring remastered full-color plates depicting eight of the original tarot-card images. The Book of Thoth is an indispensable companion to the deck and the most authoritative and reliable guide to the Tarot in the New Aeon. Hymenaeus Beta, Frater Superior, O.T.O.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Weiser
- ISBN-13: 9780877289500
- ISBN: 0877289506
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: Facsimile