The Centennial Commissions
To celebrate its 100th anniversary the School of Music commissioned six major American composers to write works for the school's student and faculty ensembles.Includes:John Harbison's Emerson performed by the Concert ChoirDaron Hagen's Concerto for Brass Quintet performed by the Wisconsin Brass QuintetDavid Ott's Gathering of Waters performed by the Wingra Woodwind QuintetJoan Tower's Rapids performed by the Symphony Orchestra with Ursula Oppens, piano soloistLibby Larsen's Concert Dances performed by the Symphonic Wind Ensemble Ralph Shapey's String Quartet No. 9 performed by the Pro Arte String QuartetThea Musgrave's Celebration DayDistributed for the University of Wisconsin Madison School of Music.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: CD/Spoken Word
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Label: Univ of Wisconsin Pr
- UPC: 9781931569026