by Charles Dickens (1905)
Description: Deluxe edition bound in vellum with lovely decorative gilt to spine and front board, showing holly, ivy and cherubs in an Art Nouveau style. Top edge also gilded. 8 colored plates. First published in 1844, The Chimes was the second of Dicken's famous Christmas Books.. Published by J.M. Dent & Co. 1905 Good Condition. Slightly bowed. Ownership inscription dated 20th March 1906 to front endpaper. In our Flagship store.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: --
- Date: 1905
- Listing Date: 11/16/2016
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A