The Civil Rights Movement: Struggle And Resistance
This completely revised and updated edition of a popular text focuses on the African American struggle for civil rights from 1945-2002. William T. Martin Riches shows how the black community used the institutions created byde jure segregation to overcome apartheid and white resistance. Riches emphasises their influence on other groups demanding justice in America and warns that recent events and administrations have endangered the gains made by the movement.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9781403916044
- ISBN: 1403916047
- Publication Year: 2004
- Edition: 2